Friday, September 15, 2006

Leif funny for 9-15-06

It has cooled down drastically here the past few days. This morning there was rain. For shoes, Leif has his sandals or a cheap (ugly) pair of shoes we picked up at a second hand shop in a neighboring town while wine tasting early this summer… when we apparently left his shoes at home. Oops. They fit but are a touch tight. And did I mention they are fugly?

This morning I put socks on Leif and then his sandals telling myself we would get out to buy some new fall shoes this weekend. Leif was horrified.

“Socks sticking out!” he panicked and cried repeatedly as he sat down and set to removing the sandals. The sandals were not staying on his feet with socks.

I relented and put the fugly pair of shoes on his feet (with socks). This opposition to sandals with socks came from some influence other than his parents. I am a stuck in my ways, former grunge girl who has very nearly relinquished my Birks and wool socks. (“Very nearly” because I still maintain my grasp to the early 90’s in the confines of my house and in my yard.) AB?? Well his are just bad with no logical explanation... white athletic socks with his sandals despite my encouraging otherwise… sandals bug his heels.

Apparently Leif’s fashion sense is years ahead of ours.

No comments: