Saturday, August 05, 2006

String Bean's Stats - 2 years

35 ¾” tall – 80th percentile
27 lbs 11 oz – 40th percentile
Head – 50th percentile (Finally a normal sized head measurement!)

He is a tall, skinny boy. No surprise coming from his father, who is tall and was a string bean. Then he met me. And I fed him good food.

He is very healthy. In fact, his doctor commented that she hadn’t seen him since November and had actually wondered if we had moved or changed doctors! Nope. Just healthy.

He was not thrilled to be measured or weighed and was quite positive we were setting him up for torture. I was happy he took his blankey (he calls it his wonky, and it is a horribly battered, torn and miserable piece of cloth…) into the office as he was able to sit and cling to it for additional comfort.

He passed the question answer stage with flying colors. “Does he put two words together?” Yes, he routinely says 3-4 word sentences. Example yesterday “I do big toot!” Yay, I am so proud. “Does he have 20 words?” Easily, he is very verbal (and vocal as the waiting room could attest to). “How is his diet?” Evidently great at daycare! Oh, you wanted to know about home too? Umm yeah… is he supposed to eat more than 1 or 2 things at home?

All in all he is doing great! We will opt for the Hep A vaccine at his next appointment. They expect it will be required for kindergarten admission by the time he is that age, and we just think it is a good idea. My grandmother contracted Hep A while working as a nurse and it was miserable for her. Hep A is on the increase and if it can be prevented I will subject Leif to yet another shot. But not this time… since I promised no shots. I know… he probably doesn’t comprehend, but since I touted up the “no shots this time at the doctor” even though he probably doesn’t remember his last shots. I just couldn’t do it this time around. AB agreed.

No comments: