Saturday, August 05, 2006

The real announcement

I can't slip anything by!

Yes, you read correctly in the below post. We are expecting number two next March. March 18th to be exact, which means I am totally off the hook for buying AB an anniversary gift… but I should note that he is not and on top of the anniversary gift there better be a nice aquamarine enhanced piece of jewelry as a birthing gift. ;-)

I actually hadn’t really intended on divulging our news until after my first appointment next Tuesday. But an important thought in my yesterday’s blog entry was how do you deal with two children. How do you love them equally, like them equally, etc. This is in relation to myself as a child and sibling as well as a mother.

We are thrilled beyond belief. Already I am finding this pregnancy very different from the first. With Leif I just wanted more time. More time to plan, more time to prepare and 40 weeks gave me that time. Now that I know what is on the other side, I just can’t wait for it to go by. The other major difference this time around is my horrible, horrible nausea. I am so sick. Sick enough that I fear leaving my house or office, I fear meetings, I skipped book club the other night. A friend of mine encouraged me to call my doctor, which I did this morning and while listing off my symptoms and explaining that I know this is to be expected, the nurse interrupted me and said she had faxed me a prescription to my pharmacy. AB is picking it up for me. I am really hoping for some relief.

Because I don’t want this blog to turn into a whiny pregnancy blog, and I know that many of my friends and readers are really just not all that interested in pregnancy, I plan to minimize the talk here. I have started a new blog to post all the gory details in and it can be found here. Visit if you want, ignore it if you rather.

And thanks everyone for the congrats!

No comments: