Wednesday, December 15, 2004

A little justice

So I got a little justice today. My SDR was restated in one section to reflect a more reasonable and more in line with my level expectation. I was completely perplexed at how I could be required to originate, write and get funded two proposals to get promoted to 3, when a three needed to do one to get promoted to 4. My manager has admitted the error in his ways and has reworded that to reflect what is more in line for my level.

I am waiting... waiting for a coveted e-mail telling me that I am the lead on a proposal for a materials initiative. I can hardly stand the waiting... but here I sit, waiting. If this doesn't pan out it will be one more area where I am missing the boat. I really need this.

Off the work topic. Leif gave me a little justice today also. He did not want me to leave him at lunch today. He cried and cried when I left. Made me feel bad, made me feel needed, loved, and important. It was hard to leave the little bugger then. And wow he is growing. How is it possible to love someone that much instantaneously? He has got my number too and he knows it.

Things that bug me #1... unorganized people. If I get another e-mail from a female friend of mine apologizing for her lack of organization I am going to vomit. If I hear her say again that she is going to get organized, I am going to vomit. Just admit it, you aren't organized, you aren't efficient and won't ever be!

No comments: