Friday, December 03, 2004

Friday, I need it badly.

This week has been good, fast too. I am the lead on a project for the upcoming review and bonus I get to go out to dinner with the clients to the nicest restaurant in town - that I have yet to eat at. Of course the high point is the presentation of my research and the second presentation of my proposal for next year. I was very happy to be singled out for this.

Today also a senior scientist called me to ask me about collaborating on a project that I am very interested in. I jumped on it, despite the fact that I am fully commited time-wise. So here I go again in getting myself overcommited. There are just too many things I really want to do. Sigh.

I have spent time this afternoon talking to a good friend of mine here at work about being a woman in this group. Yeah, things are supposed to be fair, but this group is a big good old boys group. The double standards are still very evident. I hope I didn't dominate the conversation with my frustrations.Or freak her out too much.

This is a boring blog entry.


No comments: