Thursday, April 10, 2008

Decision making

Someone tell me that a preschooler's inability to make a decision is just a phase. Please?

AB and I are so so tired of the, "no I want apple juice, no grape juice, no blueberry juice!"

The school counselor suggested we handle this by saying, "ok, you can change your mind two more times". Then we stick with whatever the choice is after those two times.

This only means the meltdown comes sooner.

I have tried to slow him down, "think about what you really want, no answer is wrong".

This doesn't work.

Of course eliminating the decision making all together is seeming like a very valid option right now.

-----------------

I got a huge check today.

Well I got a huge check at work today. AB asked if I couldn't skim just a little off the top?

(JOKING!)

It would just figure though that I got my first big huge check on the day that I am out sick with an also sick one year old. And sick husband who is trying to study for an exam.

I didn't even feel up to toasting the installment with a decent glass of wine at our very bland dinner. (Leif - the only one not suffering GI distress - learned the merits of Top Ramen for dinner.)

"Mmm, I like this soup!"

Watch me fall over... he liked something!

No comments: