Friday, December 15, 2006

Proud

19.5 years ago my mom took a job as an admin for a small toxicology research lab. She became the office manager, then the QA manager, took over the accounting, and finally the lab manager for a the growing lab, a pretty good sized small business in Northern Colorado.

Today she finalized the paperwork for the purchase of this business from the chief toxicologist who started the lab.

I am just so proud of her. I don't think my mom ever saw herself as the owner of her own business, let alone the owner of a prospering lab with both government contracts and contracts with leaders in the pharmaceutical industry.

She has her head on straight with it, knows the company inside and out and I have no doubt she will excel and prosper in this position.

Congratulations mom! You deserve it and you make me proud!

No comments: