Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thirteen years ago

Thirteen years ago I went to a CU football game with my physical chemistry lab partner. I didn’t care much about the football game, even though I had season tickets. I had been flirting with my lab partner since we were just a few weeks into lab. Oblivious, he was. Finally after complaining to him I didn’t have anyone to go to the game with, he said I could sit with he and his engineering buddies. During that next week, after working on our lab report together we went to the Dark Horse for a beer. A kiss that night. The next week he invited me to go see Miss Saigon and I realized the jackpot I had hit. A man that would take me to a musical!

Thirteen years later and we have a toddler and our second baby on the way. Wow have things changed, our college team went from being top college contenders where we enthusiastically threw oranges onto the field to well… they suck and for the first time in many many years is most likely not eligible for a bowl game. 13 years comes and goes with many changes. But I can’t imagine my life with anyone else! I love you AB! Happy thirteen years!

No comments: