I hope that some day Leif looks back and relishes his first real summer outside of full time school/care. To this point Leif's summers have beeen about the same as his winters, work and playtime at his Montessori school. This year, things have been different...
There was robot racing...
And even some robot Sumo wrestling in August.
I wish *I* would have had a summer of camps!
He has learned a lot of lessons though throughout the summer...
- like the necessity of keeping track of ones things... (one wallet lost, goggles lost...)
- and that while it is good to be generous, that buying other people food results in first not having money for lunch, and second offense resulted in it coming out of his money and then tears.
- that nothing comes for free. That when the concession stand at the club asks for his name after ordering a Super Nachos, a drink, a snocone, a smoothie and a push up, that it goes to mom and dad's account.
- that mom and dad DO find out everything.
- that it is possible to get tired of all the fun things after awhile.
Ah well. A new world awaits him (and us) a week from today when I put my baby boy on the school bus.
And I will resist in following the bus to the school to make sure everything goes ok.