Tuesday, April 19, 2005

So far, Leif seems to only have one little bump on his tush. He is warmer than usual, although not "feverish" and inordinatly fussy. One of those days when I didn't mind so much dropping him with daycare... and then running out. My gut says it is his teeth. He has that one bottom tooth that has yet to pop through, though it is *just* about there. So I am not thinking he has chicken pox, but we never know. I am certainly no expert.

One thing I *hate*. Telling someone they are doing something wrong and I need them to do it right. I hate trying to walk that line between being the pushy person saying "this is wrong redo it" and the trying to be really nice "you know I was looking at these and they might not be right, I am not sure here, but maybe you are measuring them wrong? What do you think?". Wishy washy or a "bitch", how to balance?

The situation, I got a boat load of SEMs this morning to start analyzing. Yay, I have been waiting for them. The SEM technician has been analyzing these types of samples since Jan 1st for me. Why is it that just now he has decided to measure a particular feature from back corner to front corner instead corner to corner across the face, like I instructed him from day 1? Maybe he just forgot, maybe he is getting sloppy, I don't know. I hate cracking the whip. But I did, whip was cracked and his manager copied on it. I hate doing that too, but his manager insists upon it. I would really rather take it to the tech first and if it isn't corrected, THEN involve the manager. Oh well.

No comments: